Retail Marketing Manager
The Retail Marketing Manager will be in charge of developing, communicating, and assessing Juva’s retail marketing strategy for all locations and across all channels. This will include all areas of retail marketing such as product sales, brand relations, creative design, website management, SEO, company merchandise, social media networking, e-mail/SMS targeting, storefront displays, and event planning. This role will look to provide a well-executed marketing plan aimed at both new customer acquisition as well as customer retention built around customer service rather than constant markdowns to build value. This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking to work alongside long-time industry experts and help take Juva to the next level!
- Manage Juva’s social media retail presence and explore ways to improve reach and reputation through ongoing collaboration with retail brand providers.
- Coordinating promotional branded inventory (SWAG) and developing effective usage strategies to enhance our brand experience.
- Creating digital banner ads to be used on both our ShopJuva website and third-party listings (eg – Weedmaps).
- Producing weekly marketing messages via SMS, email, and social media in line with current sales objectives, known regulatory roadblocks, and company brand guidelines.
- Developing automated communication flows to engage customers aimed at increasing retention rates.
- Compose bi-weekly blog posts highlighting industry trends and featured products to boost website SEO.
- Assessing local events for Juva to reach target markets. Includes coordinating an event team to ensure proper setup, staffing, and execution of the event.
- Working with the Merchandise Coordinator to ensure successful turnover of all merchandise in line with company guidelines.
- Develop an engaging loyalty program focused on customer referrals while also using our point-based system to promote products and services.
- Ensuring 5-star reputation on third-party websites, overseeing company responses to all customer inquiries and reviews.
- Track and measure marketing analytics and present findings to the executive team.
- Engage with team members at all levels to drive marketing initiatives and increase success rates.
- Produce in-store signage for our new retail location set to open in Redwood City.
- Personal knowledge of various cannabis products (required).
- Available to work varied hours/days, including late nights, weekends, holidays, and/or events (required).
- The ability to make rapid decisions in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent communication, social, and organization skills.
- High expectations for success – always pursuing perfection!
- Outgoing personality with a creative mindset.
- Strong business sense and proven ability to boost retail sales.
Education / Experience / Other:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (or equivalent)
- Some retail experience is preferred.
- Graphic design experience using Adobe Photoshop or a similar program.
- Experience in web editing is a bonus. (WordPress)
- Must be able to travel to retail locations as needed (1-2x per month).
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
Job Type: Full-time opportunity
Job Location: Redwood City, CA
Reports to: VP, Operations
Compensation: 60-80K annually (DOE); plus benefits (health, dental, vision & flexible benefits)
Juva is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, creed, age, physical or mental disability, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression.