Retail Marketing Manager
The Retail Marketing Manager will be in charge of developing, communicating, and assessing Juva’s retail marketing strategy for all locations across all channels. This will include all areas of retail marketing such as product sales, brand relations, website management, SEO, company merchandise, social media networking, e-mail/SMS targeting, and local/industry events. This role will look to provide a well-executed marketing plan aimed at both new customer acquisition as well as customer retention. This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking to work alongside long-time industry experts and help take Juva to the next level!
Job Location: Redwood City, CA
Reports to: VP, Operations
- Managing Juva’s social media retail presence and exploring ways to improve reach and reputation through ongoing collaboration with retail brand providers.
- Coordinating promotional branded inventory (SWAG) and develop effective usage strategies.
- Developing promotional strategies that appeal to both new and existing customers focusing on customer retention and increasing average order amount.
- Producing weekly marketing messages via SMS, email, and social media in line with current sales objectives, known regulatory roadblocks, and company brand guidelines.
- Assessing local events for Juva to reach target markets. Includes coordinating an event team to ensure proper setup, staffing, and execution of the event.
- Collaborating with webmaster to ensure our marketing campaigns are properly displayed on the company website.
- Working with the Merchandise Coordinator to ensure successful turnover for slower-moving products.
- Develop an engaging loyalty program focused on customer referrals while also using our point-based system to promote products and services.
- Schedule and manage all promotions listed on third-party websites (eg – Weedmaps, Leafly, Google, Yelp).
- Ensuring 5-star reputation on third-party websites, overseeing company responses to all customer inquiries and reviews.
- Track and measure marketing analytics and present findings to the executive team.
- Personal knowledge of various cannabis products (required).
- Available to work varied hours/days, including late nights, weekends, holidays, and/or events (required).
- The ability to make rapid decisions in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent communication, social, and organization skills.
- High expectations for success – always pursuing perfection!
- Outgoing personality with a creative mindset.
- Strong business sense and proven ability to boost retail sales.
Education / Experience / Other:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (or equivalent)
- Some retail experience is preferred.
- Basic graphic design experience using Adobe Photoshop or a similar program.
- Experience in web editing is a bonus. (WordPress)
- Must be able to travel to retail locations as needed (1-2x per month).
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
Job Type: Full-time opportunity
Compensation: 65-85K annually (DOE); plus benefits (health, dental, vision & flexible benefits)
Juva is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, creed, age, physical or mental disability, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression.